€19.95 – €29.95
Are you tired of coffee crashes? Do you want to stop relying on unhealthy snacks and drinks to get you through the day? Need an energy boost that lasts?
Then switch to Matcha, the purest and most potent form of green tea that you can enjoy as a latte, smoothie, juice or espresso. And if the effect you will feel from matcha doesn’t hook you, we’re sure its mild smooth sweet taste will.
And that’s before we even mention the rest of Matcha’s health benefits!
What exactly is Matcha and what makes is so different?
Matcha is the oldest variety of shade grown Japanese green tea ground into a fine powder and has been part of the Zen Buddhist ceremonies for over 800 years. It was used to help to increase mental sharpness before long sessions of meditation. Four weeks before the harvest the tea plantations are covered with tarp shading eliminating 90% of the light.
After 4 weeks the best handpicked leaves are then steamed, dried and cut to remove all veins and stems, and finally stone ground. Unlike regular green tea leaves, which are removed when brewed, when you consume Matcha you are actually getting the whole green tea leaf, so you are drinking the full benefits of the best of the green tea leaf itself as many of the nuttients naturally found in tea are lost after infusing then removing a tea-bag, as some of the nutrients in tea leaves are not water-soluble.
- Matcha has over 10 times the nutrients of steeped green, black, white, rooibos and mate tea
- 137 times the antioxidants of regular green tea
- Matcha theophyllines provide an energy boost 3-6 times longer than coffee without the negative side effects
- Calms the nervous system while simultaneously giving an energy boost
- Matcha is almost pH neutral, coffee is acidic leading to digestive problems
- Matcha allows you to control your cravings, coffee makes you hungry
- Matcha lowers blood pressure and cholestorol levels, coffee raises them
- Gives an energy boost for 3-6 hours with no caffeine crash
- Theanines calm the nervous system aiding focus
- Almost zero calories and boosts metabolism to help weight loss
- Stimulates anti-biotic and anti-viral activity
- Stabilizes blood sugar and glucose levels to control appetite
- Helps maintain healthy cholesterol levels
- Can be consumed in the evening without affecting sleep
- Boil good quality water and let cool to approx 80C degrees
- Place 1/2 to 1 teaspoon in a cup or bowl
- Add 10ml of water and mix to make a smooth paste, then add 100ml of water to taste
If a bamboo whisk is used, the tea can be added directly to the liquid without making a paste. Matcha tea can be prepared hot or cold, using water, milk, soya/rice/almond milk and sweetened according to taste.